This Consultation Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of the consultation meeting between
Attorney Robert Divis, "Attorney" and the undersigned prospective client ("You").
1. Purpose. The purpose of this consultation is to allow the Attorney to (1) interview You to gather more information about Your particular legal needs; (2) answer Your questions; (3) identify possible options that may be available to You to address any legal needs you have; (4) to the extent possible, estimate the costs, benefits, and risks of any courses of action You might follow to address your legal needs; (5) help you make an informed decision about a course of action you might take; (6) discuss attorneys fees and explain the other terms of any work we might do for You, if after the consultation, You wish to establish an attorney-client relationship and retain Divis Law as your attorney.
2 . Confidentiality. All information and documents that you provide to the Attorney at or before the consultation shall remain strictly confidential, whether or not you decide to retain the Attorney to provide legal services, except as authorized by You or otherwise provided under the Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct.
3. Reliance Limited. Because it may be impossible to fully assess a matter within the time frame allotted for the consultation (60 minutes); or with documents You provide us with in advance, any legal opinion we provide at the consultation will be based solely on the information You provide the Attorney with at the consultation. If You provide the Attorney with documents at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of your consultation, the Attorney will review those documents prior to Your consultation. Documents brought to the consultation may not be read in full during the consultation, due to time constraints.
4. Limited Scope. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be established by the consultation. The consultation is a limited scope service provided by the Attorney to help You determine whether You may want to retain the Attorney to provide legal services. After Your consultation is over, You may decide to retain the Attorney, and if so, Divis Law will prepare a separate, detailed Engagement Contract and Fee Agreement. Unless and until You and the Attorney mutually sign such an Engagement Agreement and Fee Agreement, there is no obligation for You to retain us as your Attorney, nor do we have any obligation to provide any services to You, beyond the consultation as described herein. Unless and until we mutually sign a separate engagement contract and fee agreement, We are not Your lawyer and do not represent You.
5. Cost of Consultation. The consultation is provided to you at the agreed on fee of $90.00. Payment of these charges must be made at least 24 hours prior to the consultation meeting, or the meeting will be cancelled. The $90.00 fee is non-refundable, earned on receipt, and will not be deposited in our client trust account.
6. Cancellations. If You schedule a consultation but are unable to attend and provide us with at least 24 hours notice, we will either reschedule your consultation or refund your consultation fee, at your option. By clicking "I agree", you agree to the terms and conditions set forth above concerning your consultation with Robert Divis of Divis Law LLC. You understand that this meeting is limited in scope and will not create an attorney-client relationship between Robert Divis and You.